Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Meet the Team-March 2015

The time is upon us again in which we find ourselves sending another team to Tirana, Albania. We know that we cannot meet all of you but you can, in a way, meet all of us! This way you can anticipate, pray and rejoice with us as we go along in our adventures these next few weeks! 
             
                       AMBER
Hi! My name is Amber Erlandson, and I am so stoked to go on this trip! Since I re-dedicated my life to the Lord three years ago He has given me such a heart for missions, and for international missions in particular. When the opportunity to go to Albania came up, I was so excited to join the team, and I can't wait to see the incredible things God does in and through all of us.  I know the Lord wants to do an amazing work in Albania and beyond, and I am so blessed to be a part of it! 

                    MATT & ANGELA
We are Matt and Angela Andrews. When we signed up to be on the Albania missions team we knew the faith building and growth would begin that very day, and we were right! God has already began a great work and we know the growth will continue as we board the plane on March 20. Matt is the Pastor in Training over the 4th-6th grade ministry at Wildwood, and Angela is a Sr. Sales Director with Mary Kay. We have been married just over three years. We couldn’t be more thankful that God has provided for us both to go on this missions trip. There is no way to go on a trip like this and not come home changed and we are anxious for the growth, the deepening of faith, a greater love for God’s people and the lessons we will learn. What a privilege that we, as filthy imperfect beings, can be used by God to share his Holy word to His beloved people across the world. United by the Holy Spirit and His Love, no language barrier can stifle what God has planned for Albania and the people on this missions team. We pray that we can go and make disciples in the name of Jesus, in Albania and continue here in the United States

                       ASHLYNN
Hey, my name is Ashlynn Burson. I am a junior and I attend Arrowhead Christian Academy. I absolutely love taking pictures, eating frozen yogurt, and watching Pirates of the Caribbean and the Lord of the Rings! This will be my first mission trip and I am so excited! I know the Lord is going to amazing things during this trip and I can't wait to be apart of it! Jesus is my passion and I am blessed to have this opportunity to serve him in a new and exiting way... I know this trip will definitely be a step of faith 
and I look forward to seeing what the Lord is going to do!

                        AUSTIN
My name is Austin and first I'd like to say thanks to everyone who prayed and helped get me to Albania. My name is Austin Selby, the Lord has blessed me with the ability and opportunity to help lead on, the worship team. I hope and pray the Lord will reveal some new spiritual gifts.
                           
                      BRIANNA
Growing up in the Church I never thought that the Lord would call me over seas to do His work, but always had a passion to be on the streets and share the gospel with everyone I possible could! Last year when Pastor Chris asked me to go to Albania I was almost confused, but after praying about it the Lord gave me an overwhelming peace that I was called to go. Coming home from that trip I was absolutely changed and knew that I wanted to do more mission work! I'm so excited to see my Albanian friends again, to make some new friends and to share the Love of Christ!! 
                         BRIAN
My name is Brian.  I am an administrative pastor at Wildwood Calvary. I am a Jesus loving, nature enjoying, bible toting husband of an amazing wife and father of two incredible girls! I am really excited about having the opportunity to go to Albania with this team, to experience the people and culture of this region of the world, and to share the love of Christ with the people in Tirana!  I also feel really blessed to be able to experience this trip with my oldest daughter, Ashlynn!   I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in and through this team as we all launch out together in this venture of faith!  Tirana, here we come! 

                      BRITTANY
Hello everyone! My name is Brittany Shaw and I am currently getting my Masters in Social Work. God lead me to this field and created a passion in me that I didn't know I had. I have a huge heart for kids and plan to use my degree to help fight for the kids who don't have anyone on their side. I know God will work through me in this field and I can't wait! But for now, I am beyond excited to go on my first missions trip! I grew up in a christian home and was told from a young age what it meant to be a follower of Christ. I've had some amazing examples of christian men and women in my life setting the way for me. But it wasn't until just a few years ago when I really took my faith on as my own and realized that giving my heart completely to God in every aspect of my life is the most important thing I will ever do. This last two years I've strived to be in the center of Gods will in every area of my life. And I believe fully that this trip is him pushing me out of my comfort zone in order to completely lose myself in him. There is no greater purpose on this earth than spreading Gods word and I can't wait to be apart of such a powerful experience. I know what God is capable of and I can't wait to see him move mountains and change not only the people of Tirana's lives but also ours!

                    CHRISTINA 
Hello! The name's Christina Chavez! I am a 25 year old, Jesus loving, llama adoring, coffee enthusiast! I've been walking with the Lord since I was 22 and it's been the grandest adventure! In the three years of my life with Jesus, He has done amazing things and He isn't finished yet! Last year I was able to go to 
Albania and I knew that some day God would call me back. I'm definitely stirred up to do the work of God in
there and I anticipate seeing how God will move this time. I adore how God doesn't work in the same ways as we're used to. This tells me that this time around will be much different than before and I'm ever so eager to see how He will move this time around. To God be the Glory for He has done and 
will continue to do great things! Praise Him!
                         DANIEL
My name is Daniel and I can't wait to see what God will do through this trip that I get to share with my daughter Yasmine. Simply put, I hope to share the good news of the Gospel to the Albanian people

                         DICK
Dick has been on many, many trips to Albania and he is always excited and ready to go on another. He started the ministry we find ourselves in now in Tirana. He took his son in-law Pastor Chris Fraley several years ago and God then gave Pastor Chris a heart for the city as well. Dick believes that God most certainly has a special plan for the city of Tirana and we do too! 

                          EMILY
Hello! My name is Emily and I am so excited to be joining the Albania team for a third time! With each trip the Lord is doing and reavealing more in the church plant and people in Tirana. To God be the glory for all that has already happened and all that will be as we go! I love traveling to Tirana and I'm so privileged to be a part of something so big! 
                         GERALD
In March 2014 I had the blessing of going to Tirana with the Church Plant team to help Tom begin the church. I went on this trip expecting God to do something awesome and sweet, but what happened was something that only God could have planned. On this trip I saw many things, but the Lord kept reminding me of the need for Christ in the hearts of the people. Now the Lord has prompted my heart to take a step of faith, trusting in God in being a part of the ministry in Tirana, to serve alongside the Grimes family, and to (God willing) live there. I am stoked to be a part of and see what the Lord is doing! Please pray for the church and the people it serves, for the neighborhood, for an apartment, partner in ministry/roommate,language, for God’s continual guidance, wisdom, love, and provision.  

                          JEREMY 
It is amazing to see so many people ready to go serve in Albania. We have had our church plant for a year now and this will be the third team to go. I believe that this trip we will be laying some foundations of ministry that can open the floodgates for God to take over the city of Tirana with the gospel. This trip we are expecting God to move with great power!
 
                      MADISON 
It is an honor to be a part of this team. I am blessed to go to Albania and serve God. I am so excited!

                          MADI
Hello, I’m Madison. I love Jesus, and that’s really all you need to know but I will tell you more anyway. I just turned seventeen years old, am graduating high school in June, and have been attending Wildwood’s high school ministry for… well, basically since I was in high school. I grew up in a Christian home, but didn’t really apply my faith to any aspect of my life until late middle school/early high school and have been a born-again Jesus-freak ever since. I can remember that when I first met Claire Grimes and was told she lived in Albania, I honestly thought it was a joke. When I was assured it was true, then I was just jealous. I have had a heart for missions for a while, especially towards the Europe/Asia continents, and am blessed beyond words that I have the awesome opportunity to be a part of this trip and share the amazing love of God with Tirana. I am so excited for all the awesome things that will take place and to watch how the Lord is going to move on this trip!

                          MIKE
My name is Mike Gordon and I have attended Wildwood Calvary for over four years. I currently work as the Director of Inland Leaders Charter School. I am married to my wife Terah and have four kids. I am excited to be taking my two oldest kids to Albania to experience the Lord's work together. 
                        NICOLE
My name is Nicole Gordon and I'm an 8th grader at Inland Leaders. I am  looking to use my spiritual gifts to reach out to the people of Albania and experience the work of God in my own life. 
                        TAYLOR
My name is Taylor Gordon and I'm a freshman at Yucaipa High School and I enjoy playing on the school basketball team. I can't wait to see how God is going to use me in Albania! 

                        YASMINE
My name is Yasmine and I'm excited to go serve alongside my dad and see what God will do. Mainly, I just want to do what JESUS did, serving others and making His name known! 
                            ZACH
My name is Zach Hafner and I'm a Pastor In Training here at Wildwood where I oversee the High School Ministry. I'm super stoked to be heading to Albania with this team of Jesus and people loving individuals, especially because I had the opportunity to be a part of the initial team last spring that went out. I'm pumped and believing God for a radical move of the Spirit in Tirana as well as in the hearts of every member of our team! There was an amazing work that begun in Kisha Streha last year, and the promise of God's word is that He's going to see it through to completion, and i'm just stoked and blessed to play a small role in that!

There's the team! We hope you enjoy reading of all God is doing in these next days and we would so appreciate your prayers! Until next time!- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment