Monday, October 20, 2014

Meet the Team

Since we are asking for your prayers and using this as a tool to keep you updated with the team, we figured it essential you know just who you are praying for. Here are some fun facts about each team member!

First let's meet the gentlemen:

                                                                                           DICK
 Dick is the one that started it all. He first went to Albania in 1992 directly following it's release from Communism. This will be his 30th trip to Tirana, Albania and he is just as excited to see what God will do on this trip as he was the first time. He is definitely one of the main comic reliefs when traveling and we know traveling is so much more fun when Dick is along. To quote him, "It could be the coffee, but I think it's Jesus!"

                                                                                            ERIK
My name is Erik Sahakian and I  am an Assisting Pastor at Wildwood Calvary Chapel. I oversee the Singles, Counseling, and Guest Experience Ministries. I gave my life to Christ at a Billy Graham Crusade over 32 years ago. I have been married to Juanita for 15 years and  have two children, Skylar (11) and Maksim (7). I enjoy studying and teaching God's Word, spending time with my family, reading, writing books, physical exercise, traveling, hunting for antiques, and puttering around the yard and garage. I am looking forward to witnessing God reach the Muslim people of Albania with the love of Christ. I am also going with eager expectations to see what the Lord has planned to do in and through my life.

                                                                                         GEOFF 
 I was born here in Southern California and have lived in Yucaipa most of my life.  I have loved the Lord since I was young as I came to know Him at 7. I always felt a strong calling to the Lord but it was not until I was about 18 that I really decided to seek the Lord with all that I am.  I now work at Wildwood Calvary Chapel in the custodian department and I spend a lot of time in the junior high ministry as well as the Young adult’s ministry. The Lord has given me a passion and calling to share His love with the lost, as well as to reach out to my generation and the next, telling them of his love and calling in their lives.


                                                                                           JAKE 
Hey, my name is Jacob Davis. I was raised in a christian home but God wasn't the center of my life, until a work related incident, that changed my perspective on everything forever. As I was living through some fiery trials, I realized that God had radically saved me and had a massive purpose for my life and I wanted to fully commit myself to Him. Ever since then, He hasn't stopped changing me each and every day! As I grew closer to the Lord, He eventually brought Breanna into my life and on March 16th, 2013 we got married! I work at Wildwood Calvary Chapel, running the Jr. High ministries and by Gods grace I'm able to speak truth and life into the lives of so many youth! I'm also a part time sanitary technician (janitor) there as well. Missions have been on my heart ever since I was younger, I'm Just so excited that God has opened the door for my mission field to spread all the way to Tirana, Albania.


                                                                                           JASON
My name is Jason Talley and I committed my life to following Jesus when I was 19 at a Monday night service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in 1998. Ive been Married to my beautiful wife Aubrie for 11 years and we have 3 amazing kids: Lillie- 9, Nevin-5, and Piper-3. I work at Wildwood Calvary Chapel as an assisting Pastor overseeing all of our student ministries(1st grade-college) and I teach a Thursday night bible study for young adults age 18-30, and I love it! I can't wait to see what The Lord has in store for us in Albania.
fun fact: In 5th grade I co-choreographed a dance to Paula Abduls 1988 smash hit "Straight up" and me and a bunch of my friends performed it for our elementary school talent show. We did not Win.

                                               JEREMY
My name is Jeremy Fogle and I am one of the Administrative Pastors at Wildwood Calvary Chapel. I am also the Pastor overseeing the Tirana trips and helping out with the Church plant in Tirana. I am married to my wife Amity and we have three children, Madison, Silas, and Gabi. The Lord has great things in store for the city of Tirana and I know we are all excited and ready to watch what God will do.

                                                                                           RION
Hello, my name is Rion. I've been serving at Wildwood for almost two years now in the High School Ministry. My testimony in a nutshell: I was raised Mormon until my parents divorced around age eight. After that I kind of went off and on to church with my mom, sometimes here at Wildwood until I left for college. In college I built up some pretty bad habits. After some near-death experiences, God grabbed hold of me through an invite to Church from one of my coworkers. That Sunday I realized the life I was living could lead to nothing but death and destruction and committed my life to the Lord. At the end of that semester I moved back home and started going to church, and as soon as I came back to Wildwood I learned the truth behind Isaiah 55:11, "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." All of those times I "endured" church through high school God was imparting faith and wisdom through His word preparing me for the day He would grab hold of me. Ever since, I knew God was calling me to serve the youth and help teach them in the ways of the Lord. I currently work at Forest Home as the Facilities Supervisor of the Recreation department, and have developed a passion for sharing the Gospel through the beauty of God's creation. While working here, I am also attending the Emergency Medical Technician program at Crafton Hills College with aspirations of becoming a Paramedic. This trip to Albania will be my first missions trip, so I really won't know what to expect until I am actually experiencing it. A verse that God has been reminding me of since I was added to the team is Isaiah 61:1, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and to opening of the prison to those who are bound;" I know that is what God wants to do for the people of Albania and I am humbled and excited that he would put me on a team to do this.

Now let's meet the ladies:

                                                                                  ABIGAYLE
Hello! My name is Abigayle Selby. I am a junior at Biola University, I am the second oldest of four, and I am a daughter of the One True King. I accepted the Lord when I was four years old, however it was not until the summer after I graduated high school that I truly made Him Lord of my life. Shortly after I started attending Wildwood, I started serving the junior highers, and that's where God kept me for two years. Although he has called me away from this ministry, I trust that He will lead me to what He has for me. On this trip, I am expecting two things. Firstly, I am expecting God to use our team to reach these people and express His love to them. Secondly, I am expecting Him to move in my life and give me direction, even if it is simply confirmation that I am on the correct path. 

 
                                                                             BRIENN
Hey there, my name is Brienn Gisler and I have been married to my amazing husband Nick for 11 years, together we have two kids, Trinity and Malachi. I am mainly a stay at home mom but I do hair on the side and also work for our awesome church, Wildwood Calvary Chapel. There at the church I help out with the information center, so if you need info, I got lots of it!! I also love serving in the women’s ministry and overseeing the greeting ministry. Here are a few fun facts about me: I love random fun facts and to share them with others. I am slightly a germ-a-phob! I’m a PK(Pastor’s Kid), this explains a lot about me!! I love foreign languages. Feet totally freak me out!!!!!!!! I am so excited about this missions trip and to see what the Lord has in store not only for the people in Albania, but myself as well. I know that God planned specifically for me to go on this trip and has made it very clear the entire way. He has called me to be a servant of Him and His kids and it blesses me and I am absolutely honored that he would chose this path right now for me!! I go with an open heart for whatever He wants to do through me and in me!! të jenë të bekuar,(Be Blessed,)


                                    CAROL
My name is Carol Wright and I came to know the Lord at 10 years of age when my older sister led me to accept Jesus into my heart. I have been blessed to be married to my husband Scott for 34 years, and we have two daughters, Rachel and Shayla who both love Jesus. The girls are both married and we are blessed to have 5 grandchildren. I continue to grow in my walk and relationship with God, as I am learning more about Him every day. My hope and desire for going to Albania is to allow God to use me in whatever capacity He chooses, including supporting the missions team, ministering to the needs of other, and sharing Christ with whomever He brings into our path.

   COURTNEY
Hello! My name is Courtney Pinedo! I am a 24 year old, pearl wearing, ice cream loving young adult and I currently work as a 
school district auditor. I can remember my God story as far back as 
the second grade. Growing up in a Christian home, you know what it 
takes to be saved, but my understanding of God was slightly 
lacking. I recall accepting Jesus into my heart every opportunity, 
thinking that my sin caused me to lose Him repeatedly. One day I came to a deeper understanding of Christ and it hit me, I didn’t have to repeat the sinner’s prayer as though Christ had denied me access to His kingdom. I needed to realize that I was accepted because His grace covered all! I’ve been a work in progress ever since. The Lord has taught me a lot, but I know there are uncharted waters of His grace that will take an eternity of exploration to grasp. I’m certain this trip is going to open my eyes to fresh understandings of who my King is and I am thrilled to be a part of the work He has! Your prayers are coveted! Please pray that, just as the song Oceans says, the Spirit would lead us where our trust is without borders and that we would be bold enough to go wherever He calls us!  

 
                                                                                      EMILY 
Hello to you. My name is Emily Maloney. I am on the younger side of the team at 18 years old and I am beyond blessed and excited to be returning to Albania for the second time this year. I am a book reading, old soul sort with a large portion of animal loving mixed in. I love writing, of all sorts, including music. I am an observationalist, and find fascination in even simple happenings.  I grew up in a Christian home and as a result came to know God at a young age . I committed my heart to Christ at the age of 4 and dedicated my life to serving Him as my Lord in the 8th grade. I work at my church, Wildwood Calvary Chapel,  as a Worship admin and I love it. My hopes for this trip are, of course, to reach the city of Tirana in a supernatural way with an unnatural amount of love but also for all of us to return with a deeper understanding of our mission as ambassadors of Christ.  I pray this trip will be yet another spark to add to our flame and a continued awakening to the realization that we are simply sojourners of Heaven, calling others to walk with us as we wait for our King, whether we find ourselves home in Yucaipa or across seas in unknown lands.

                                                                                          HEIDI
Hi! I’m Heidi and I love Jesus. I grew up learning about Him and loved Him from a very early age. I made Jesus the Lord of my life in high school when I allowed God to transform my heart. By the time you are a teenager, there are distinct differences between those who serve Jesus and those who serve the world. Although I struggled for a while with who I wanted to be, praise Jesus I chose to serve Him! I am eighteen years old. I attend Crafton Hills College and plan to attend Biola University. I’m studying to be a speech pathologist. I work at a Christian Camp called Forest Home as a barista in a charming little coffee shop. I love my job because I get the unique opportunity of talking with people who are at camp seeking the Lord. It brings me great joy! I love coffee and dancing and playing my piano. The trip I am about to embark on, comes with a few specific prayer requests. I pray in faith that the people we come in contact with will come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and that a revival would spread through the nation of Albania. Also, I pray that each person on our team from Wildwood would have an experience with God that is radical and life changing.  Would you come along side me and pray for these things?

                                                                                           KYM
My name is Kym Talley and I am 30 years young. I am madly in love with Jesus, my family and coffee. In this season of my life, I am finding myself 15 years into my walk as a Christian, serving Him through my job at Forest Home and in the Young Adults Ministry at Wildwood Calvary Chapel. I am so looking forward to being a part of what the Lord is doing in Albania and I am grateful to be going on this trip. The Lord's timing is perfect! He truly has done great things in my life and He has even greater things ahead!

Now that you know a little bit more about us, we hope the stories that will be coming soon will be much more interactive and enjoyable!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment